Alanya – Banana paradise! The warmest of tourist cities in Turkey. Golden sands, azure sea, an ancient castle, national reserves, private villas in the mountains, and concrete jungle… All this is Alanya. Though, this city can be described in just three words: insanely beautiful views.
When choosing a location to buy property in Turkey, first of all, you need to decide which city you would like to settle in.
Why would you choose Alanya as your second home?
- Alanya is a big city with all the benefits: big shops, schools, hospitals, developed public transportation. Chain supermarkets and local mini-markets, bazaars, and brand clothes shops. You can find literary everything in a short walking distance.
- Alanya city has 40 km of sandy beaches. You can use any beach you like. There are plenty of private serviced beaches providing you with sunbeds, umbrellas, shower and changing rooms, WC, restaurant food, and drinks. You can walk or ride a bike along the beach. There are plenty of children’s playgrounds, sports facilities, cafes, benches and so on.
- Alanya’s rich history attracts antiquity lovers from all over the world. Here is the famous castle that occupies an entire peninsula. The archeological evidence shows that Syedra (now ruins on the south of the modern city) has existed in the Bronze Age around 3,000 BC! There are plenty of amazing antique sights. You will need years to visit them all.
- Gorgeous nature. Alanya mountains feature breathtaking views. The Dim Chay River offers you several beautiful lounge restaurants where you can seat by your meal dipping your feet in the icy stream of karst waters. It is such a pleasure in the summer heat. There are plenty of natural caves with healing air inside. I don’t even mention the sea, it is legendary!
- Fantastic climate. Alanya is very warm. It is the South city. The flowers start to blossom a few weeks earlier than in Antalya. There are even huge banana plantations, looks like a tropical forest.
- Alanya is the city of fun. Best night clubs and private beach parties. Boat tours and watersports, plenty of different tours and activities. You should take a cable car to the Castle for the fun ride and for an absolutely indescribable view from the top viewpoint, you have to take a night ride as well – the city is shining.
Districts of Alanya
You can say that Alanya city itself has 4 parts:
- Westside – Kleopatra beach. The legendary beach. The story tells that Roman general Mark Antony gave Alanya and its environs as a present to Egyptian queen Cleopatra. Also, he brought the best quartz sand from Egypt to fill the beach. This sand can never burn your feet however hot the sun is.
- Castle – a peninsula splitting the city. Castle can be difficult for walking and riding a car, but the best views are here.
- Eastside beach – from the castle to the mouth of the Dimchay river. Good concentration of the shops, restaurants, tourist companies, governmental offices, pensions, and city hotels.
- South-east side beach – Mahmutlar and Kargicak. The most laidback area of Alanya. A very developed region with everything you might need for comfortable living. Just sea, bananas, residential complexes – full chillout.
There are plenty of small villages around Alanya: beachfront, in the mountains, in the valleys. Alanya fulfills any lifestyle expectation.
! Beware of Dimcay river stream. It brings an ice-cold stream to the sea. So if you’d like to swim in the warm water, choose the beaches that weren’t affected by the river flow.
Our professional consultants will be glad to advise you if you are looking to Alanya in order to buy a property there.
Why not Alanya?
What may think twice about purchasing a house in the Alanya region:
- it is quite far from Antalya International Airport. Yes, there is a little airport in Kargicak but the main tourist hub is in Antalya.
- Alanya is a big city. There are good amount people per square meter even in the villages.